Goldenes Kreuz Private Hospital celebrates its 100th anniversary and launches a new brand identity with a modern image.
All-time record number of births at Goldenes Kreuz Private Hospital, with over 1,500 babies.
The Goldenes Kreuz Association enters into a strategic partnership with the PremiQaMed Group, which acquires a 75 percent share in the operating company. A comprehensive modernization program begins.
The Fertility Center at Goldenes Kreuz opens Austria’s first center for rainbow families.
Goldenes Kreuz Private Hospital receives an award recognizing it as “Committed to excellence” in accordance with the stringent criteria of the EFQM Quality Management System. The first certified Endometriosis Center in an Austrian private hospital opens at Goldenes Kreuz.
Goldenes Kreuz is the first private hospital in Austria with its own certified Breast Health Center.
Second full refurbishment of the maternity department, according to Feng Shui principles. The hospital is renamed “Goldenes Kreuz Private Hospital.”
“Goldenes Kreuz Privatspital” becomes an operating company (BetriebsGmbH). The top floor is expanded with the addition of the Panorama Room and the new roof garden.
Opening of the Goldenes Kreuz Fertility Center. The first breast health day is held at Goldenes Kreuz.
Goldenes Kreuz General and Maternity Hospital is renamed “Goldenes Kreuz Privatspital.”
First complete refurbishment of the maternity department with the addition of a new neonatology department in 1991.
Following renovation of the surgical area in 1994, the reception area is re-designed in 1995, and a cafeteria and conservatory are added.
Goldenes Kreuz Radiology Institute opens – the radiology practice of Dr. Jantsch and Dr. Brezina.
The old courtyard section of the building is demolished and building work begins on a new section: The surgical area is extended, adding an aseptic operating room, recovery room and monitoring ward. A new hospital kitchen is also built.
1978 – 1983
A major development project includes renovation of the maternity department and infant care ward for more efficient expansion of the rooming-in system.
A new operating room is built, existing operating rooms are modernized and the building façade is restored.
During this period the administration area is also renovated, a new foyer created, and the top floor is developed; the lift is replaced and a general renovation of the stairs is completed.
Purchase of the building at Lazarettgasse 18 provides the scope for major expansion and modernization of the hospital, which includes the installation of a bed lift and the addition of a roof garden.
A superbly equipped institute of radiology is established, sanitary facilities are updated, lifts installed, and new rooms added with 20 additional beds.
The first extension to the hospital is completed.
Ownership of the hospital is given back by the City of Vienna to the Goldenes Kreuz Association. Once again it functions under the name “Goldenes Kreuz General and Maternity Hospital.”
Proceedings begin to return the hospital to private ownership. The hospital remains under public administration.
In 1939 the Association is dissolved, and its assets are handed to the City of Vienna.
The hospital is renamed the “Goldenes Kreuz General and Maternity Hospital.”
The first baby is born in this hospital.
The society becomes the “Austrian Goldenes Kreuz Association.”
On June 9, 1919, the “civil service hospital” opens its doors.
In the same year work begins to establish a childbirth department.
In fact, on completion it serves as a hospital for the war-wounded.
At Lazarettgasse 16, near the general hospital, the “Henry and Therese Wieser hospital for civil servants” is set up (Therese Wieser provides the majority of funding for the building work).
From 1910, plans are drawn up for a hospital for civil servants.
The society moves from Abbazia to Vienna, and extends its range of services.
The “Society of the Golden Cross” is founded in Abbazia, known today as Opatija (Croatia), to provide a sanatorium on the Adriatic for officials of the Austro-Hungarian empire.