Our clinical and health psychologist Sonja Knefel offers individual consultations for those undergoing inpatient treatment at Goldenes Kreuz Private Hospital (and Confraternität Private Hospital), to provide care and support in the following areas:
- Helping patients come to terms with illness – Finding the best coping strategies to suit the patient
- Psychoeducation: communicating knowledge and understanding relevant to the specific illness
- Analysis of
- Problems: devising a treatment plan
- Resources: helping patients identify, recognize, and make use of their own strengths
- Stress factors: learning to manage stress
- Self-management: helping patients to help themselves
- Teaching problem-solving strategies
- Learning to cope with conflict
- Teaching and practicing relaxation techniques (e.g. progressive muscle relaxation)
- Treatment programs for specific disorders and problems
- Neuropsychological diagnostics
- Promoting healthy living and preventive health care
- Bereavement: support for coping with grief
- Crisis intervention
- Advice and counseling for family members
- Information about further treatment options
When might psychological support be helpful?
Psychological counseling helps patients deal with their illness and its side effects. The aim is to develop strategies for maintaining the best possible quality of life, in spite of ill health. Psychological support is helpful for patients with physical illness, psychosomatic disorders, or emotional difficulties, and for those coping with difficult personal circumstances or acute crises.
We will be happy to arrange an individual consultation for you during your inpatient stay.