The focus of pediatric medicine at Goldenes Kreuz is on neonatal (newborn) care.
Headed by Prof. Monika Resch, MD, our team offers the full range of neonatal care services – including all necessary investigations, lab testing, imaging procedures such as ultrasound of the heart, cranium, kidneys, hips and abdomen.
Care is provided in line with the latest scientific standards (“evidence based medicine”). Our cooperative partnership with the Department of Pediatrics at the Medical University of Vienna ensures that newborn babies are looked after by specialists with additional qualifications in neonatology and pediatric intensive care. We place particular emphasis on diagnostics and any necessary therapeutic methods, and on discussions and counseling for parents.
For further information on routine examinations for newborn babies, please see after the birth of your baby.
For medical care of older children our specialists in pediatric medicine, pediatric orthopedics, pediatric surgery, and illnesses of the ear, nose, and throat are always available.
Range of services:
- Undescended testicles
- Inguinal hernia, hydrocele
- Cystoscopy using Deflux® implant (for reflux)
- Re-implantation of the ureter into the bladder (to treat reflux and stenosis of the ureteral opening)
- Renal pelvis surgery (to treat stenosis of the ureter)
- Appendectomy (not usually below the age of six)
- Microsurgery (skin tags, moles, small ulcers, removal of frenula from lips or tongue)
Our principal attending doctors: