X-ray and diagnostic imaging
The radiology department at Goldenes Kreuz is not just for inpatients – it also serves as a consulting practice available through all insurers.
Here at Goldenes Kreuz we provide state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging and tomography techniques using the latest equipment. Our radiologists also take a second look at any uncertain and pathological findings. Interdisciplinary dialog ensures good collaboration between the referring practitioner and radiologists, resulting in optimal care of our patients.
In addition, the entire radiology team provides skilled professional advice and support both for the referring physician and for the patient. To help us provide an accurate diagnosis we require the fullest possible documentation.
If you have received treatment outside of our hospital, we would be grateful if you could forward the following documents where available:
- X-ray images
- Discharge reports
- Histology and/or cytology
- Any significant lab results
- Surgery reports
As a modern radiological practice, we offer:
- Conventional diagnostics: Lung, bone, gastro-intestinal and colorectal x-rays (irrigoscopy), defecography, bowel transit time assessment, intravenous pyelography, hysterosalpingography, etc. (instrumentation and equipment in place)
- Mammography and breast ultrasound, elastography and all procedures such as preoperative wire marking for non-palpable lesions, stereotactic vacuum-assisted biopsy, and ultrasound-guided core-needle biopsy
- Ultrasound investigations: Abdomen, pelvic cavity, transvaginal, obstetric, small parts (e.g. thyroid gland), color-coded duplex sonography (e.g. carotid artery), panoramic ultrasound (instrumentation and equipment in place)
- Specialist ultrasound investigations for newborn babies: ultrasound of infants’ hips, kidneys, sacral dimple, cranium, heart
- Prenatal diagnostics such as pregnancy ultrasound (level 1 certification by the Austrian Society of Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (ÖGUM)), nuchal translucency measurement in accordance with the certification guidelines of the Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF); 3D sonography between the 26th and 35th week of pregnancy
- Computerized tomography (CT)
- Bone density scanning (DEXA)
For more information or to
arrange an appointment
Monday 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon