Registration and admission
If you and the doctor of your choice have agreed that you are going to stay at Goldenes Kreuz Private Hospital, the booking is arranged by your doctor, and you can come directly to Admissions.
If you are planning to give birth in our hospital, we request that you complete our online registration form.
Please bring the following when you are admitted:
- Personal details
- e-card or social security number
- Policy number for your Austrian supplementary health insurance, or supplementary insurance card.
Before your stay, please contact your insurance adviser to clarify whether or not your policy provides full cover.
- If your policy is provided by a non-Austrian insurer, please provide confirmation of coverage, or a security deposit.
A security deposit must be paid in advance by all patients without private supplementary health insurance.
- Photo ID
- A signed copy of our Inpatient admission agreement (this includes the essential terms and conditions for your admission to our hospital, and treatment here).
- A signed copy of our Data Protection Statement
(for further information, please see our information sheet on data processing)
- Childbirth admissions: a completed copy of our Childbirth record form
- All relevant previous medical findings and lab results
- X-ray images (recent)
- Blood group ID card (particularly mothers!)
- Diabetic ID card
- Vaccination certificate
- Allergy ID card
- Mother-child health passport, if you are being admitted for delivery
- Any medications you take regularly
Before your hospital stay, please ask your doctor if you need to be in a fasted state on the day you are admitted (i.e. have an empty stomach).
If you have any questions about costs, please contact our Billing team who will be happy to help.